Pages

Friday, February 12, 2021

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

     My first text of the morning was from Jan--who watches weather forecasts. She kindly warned me that we're expecting a big winter freeze and have been advised to find alternate sources of heat in case of a power outage. 

    My second text and call of the morning was from Kate who said I could come spend the night in front of her fireplace and "even bring what's her name if she'll be good and stay off my sofa.

    So I spent the morning at Lowe's and the hardware store and every place I could think of to find fake or real logs, all of which had sold out.  

    When I got home, another friend, Jennie, had delivered Valentine treats for Luci and a gift certificate for Mike's Dog Store in Sunset Ridge.  Luci and I went straight to Mike's Dog Store and found some kibble she really likes and discovered that a ten-pounder only needs  half cup a day of dog food.

    Curran and Harvey across the street brought in my heavy pots of succulents and offered us fire wood if moving to the casita is necessary.   

     So all in all, with the prospect of dipping to an almost imaginable 9 degrees by Monday, everything is sort of okay. 





No comments: