Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Thursday

A shelter dog's past is a mystery.  I wonder where she came from and who loved her first.  I wonder how she got separated from her first human(s).  Nobody would willingly give up such a sweet girl, so I'm wondering if maybe her first owner got COVID. While some orphaned animals show signs of having been abused, my guess is that whoever trained her to walk on a leash loved her a lot.  She loves attention and affection so much.

Since she didn't get a runner in her human, she can rip up the back yard running all by herself, but she wants me to watch and laugh.  The more I laugh, the faster she runs. 

She has learned to communicate clearly--mostly with her eyes.  Two or three times she's barked, but mostly she's very quiet.  If Jan or I say "no" to either dog, Luci immediately jumps up on each of us as if to say, "Please keep liking me! I didn't mean to do a bad thing."

Luci has often been spotted sitting below the open window looking for her best friend, and Carma often whines at the window when she hears Luci outside.

Our adventure this morning was spending an hour in the Volkswagen dealership checking out my brakes.  Every serviceman came over to meet her and she got lots of pats.

When we got home Janet stopped by--her first puppy-mama--and Luci was wild with happiness to see her!



Now she's chewing on a pork chop bone she buried for safe keeping during the night, and I'm about to disturb her chomping and take her for a walk.





No comments: