Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Getting to keep these knees!

As I told the radiologist who did my knees and back, I love looking at x-rays!  I always linger and try to steal glances into the suitcases going through security, too.

Anyway, being in a waiting room with limping people, I felt downright spritely today!  The pain in my legs: I have some exercises and plans for dealing with it.  It's coming not from my knees (just as I'd been told by others) but from my lower back.  At least now I have some pictures to show off--without needing a cane or a walker.  There's a BIT of scoliosis and some disk issues, but not severe.  

These are the foods Dr. Fuhrman (a doctor and nutritionist I watched on PBS) says we all need to eat every day:

G: Green tea, green vegetables

O: Onions

M: Mushrooms

B: Beans and berries

S: Seeds

I had tempura onions and salad for lunch at Fujiya Gardens and am about to make myself a cup of green tea to celebrate and start my new regimen of exercises. 

No comments: