Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tom and Will

When I think of good fathers, I think of my son, Will, and my son-in-law, Tom.


Here's Will at Christmas with his family.  He loves being a dad.

Since this picture was taken, little Skippy (the puppy in Nathan's arms) made an unfortunate meeting with truck tires ] and has had a successful surgery to repair his broken hip.

Yesterday, Nathan said Will was his "best buddy in the world."

Elena threw something on the floor, and Will said, "No Mam!" and she said, "I want to say I sorry."

After she apologized, she said, "Is it funny again now?


Here's the Leary family in Falls Church--last summer when they were visiting us in Texas. Tom and Day met when Day went to a Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C., senior year in college.

Tom coaches the boys in sports and supports Jackson and Marcus in whatever they choose to do.

Not only does he bear an uncanny resemblance to my daddy when he was young (pictures show that they could be brothers!) but--like Lloyd, he always has an arm around his Day and the boys.

Jackson is about to graduate from sixth grade.

Marcus has an excellent new music teacher this year in third grade.  On concert day, he woke up at five in the morning so excited about what he'd be wearing.  He asked his parents, "What are you most excited about in my concert?"



No comments: