Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Whew! No surgery after all!

I met with a very kind and "old school"orthopedic surgeon today who said that my knees are no worse than anyone else's my age--and that the only place I have "no cartilage" is in my knee CAP of the OTHER knee--which is why I cannot and never will be able to squat properly, Carlene-fashion.

I can give up squatting, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

As for the pain while driving, he gave me large doses of ibuprofen for driving days--and is sending me a report from this exam in the mail, including certain exercises for the back, which is actually where the problem is.

I'll be doing shorter drives for a while and being careful how and what I lift and doing prescribed exercises, yoga and possibly pilates.

This is one of those do-it-yourself things, turns out, and I'm hugely relieved that surgery is not in my summer plans.

No comments: