Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Rodeo in Seguin

Today I drove to Seguin to see Will and Veronica and friends in a real rodeo.  I thought it started at 3:00, but as it turned out, it started at 5:00, so I wandered around downtown for a while.

In a thrift shop, I overheard two men talking about singing gospel music in a home for "All-Timers patients."  The patients sing along, they said.  "They can't remember what they just ate for lunch, but they can remember the words to them songs."

By the time I met the Pritchetts at five, it was almost time for the women's event.  Veronica, her sister, and two friends were a team--and Nathan and Elena and I (along with Will and several other friends) got to watch all four of the women's roping events.

I stayed for the first two of the men's events, then decided to head home about 9:00--it was an hour's drive each way, the longest I've driven solo for a long time.

Thanks to the body work I've been doing with Gabi Marcus, I had no pain in my leg all day.  (And to think that just a little over a week ago, I was considering knee surgery!)

Gabi is brilliant at determining  the source of pain (mine originates in the lower back) and her Neuro-Kinetic Therapy is exactly what I needed.  I can't explain how it works, but the results are remarkable--just as they were several years ago when she banished some nagging pains in my hands.

I love this little boy!
He came up and sat in my lap and asked if he could come to my house;
"Just me, okay?  Nobody else."
We have a date on Thursday when they get back from the beach.
Here's how you cool off on a hot day:
Just pour your own and everybody else's water
all over your head. 

Nathan riding Yancey.






No comments: