Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Geese! That's even better!

I just got a note from my friend Becky--who would be here tonight for writing group except that we canceled it for August.  I miss my Thursday friends, but at 104 degrees, we don't feel like doing anything but staying inside and reading and writing and watching movies.

She read my post about the "ducks" and wrote this:

The 12 duckies who waddled across your driveway are not ducks.  I believe they’re Egyptian geese, which have begun to proliferate in San Antonio.  Notice the distinctive bubble-gum-pink legs and feet and the sexy, kohl-like eyeliner.  Since we have no rain, perhaps we are becoming more like Egypt.  So, why wouldn’t the geese feel good about living here?

Thank you, Becky, for that correction!  I'm so happy to know that I had geese in my yard.  Now I'm curious: were the two adults two mamas? Or a mama and a papa?

I'm about to Google Egyptian geese and hope that more of them show up!

I just got back from my second trip to Chick Filet for a great big iced tea and watched a beautiful movie in between: The Lunchbox.



No comments: