Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Thing About Thrift Shops....

In my earlier macaw post, I was wearing a $3.00 blouse--which I like very much.  It's so soft I actually fell asleep in it last night and have it on still.

I hadn't done any fun thrift shopping in ages, but on Friday when I ventured out of the house to get groceries, I had to stop by The Green Door--where I perked up my wardrobe with three great finds, and got change back from a twenty-dollar bill.

When Kate and I used to thrift shop together (not that we're done, just on hiatus from shopping at the moment), we'd try on something and ask each other, "How do you like this?"

"How much is it?" Kate would ask.

"Three dollars."

She'd turn her head this way and that and say either, "Get it," or  "Too much.  Put it back."

The thing about thrift shops is not only money; it's a treasure hunt.  When you're tired of your treasure, you simply take it to the women's shelter or Goodwill and let someone else have the pleasure of finding a treasure.

No comments: