Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Once Upon A Time...

We gave Carlene a doll for Christmas and she named her Christiana--because at the time, I had a student at U.T.S.A. with that name and she liked it.  My dad got her a beautiful wicker baby carriage and Christiana has been in that carriage all these years.

About a year ago, Carlene (Nana) sent the wicker carriage home so that I could give it to Elena--who has loved pushing her dolls and her live Easter chicks around in it.  I put the doll in a large plastic box to save for her when she's older.


Yesterday I took her out of the box and put her on my dresser, and when Elena came, it was the first thing she spotted.

"This is your doll when you're at my house," I told her.

She loves Christiana. She calls her Christy.  Elena set a place at our tea party table for Christy and she took off her hat and booties and put them back on, over and over.

After lunch, she said, "I'm mommy," and Will said, "No, you're not Mommy; you're Elena."

"I'm the baby's mommy!" she said.








No comments: