Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rain! At last!

I should know this by now: rushing around is counterproductive!  I am now taking a deep breath--inhaling--relaxing--reminding myself to slo-o-o-w down!

The traffic was heavy as I drove toward Pipe Creek at rush hour--where I'd planned to watch the rodeo practice. It's a long way from here to there, north to Pipe Creek, twenty miles past Helotes, about 50 or 60 miles from here.

In Helotes, I stopped at El Chaparral's, intent on getting a spinach enchilada--but they were out of spinach.  Realizing I was late, I left the restaurant without my cell phone, which I didn't notice until I arrived at the rodeo gate.  I turned right around and raced back to Helotes--where, thankfully, my server had found and held the phone for me!

Earlier, I'd gone to Steinmart to look for sheets--and I thought all the way home that I must have left my sunglasses there.  Fortunately, I just found them in the back seat of the car.

It's been a frenetic evening--but the good thing is that just as I walked into the house, a pounding rain started--for which all our crunchy lawns are grateful.  Thunder and lightning and rain--what a wonderful sound and light show right now!

I hope it rains all night!


No comments: