Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Arriving at Mike's Barn

After three days of delicious driving and two nights and mornings relaxing in motels, I pulled into Mike's driveway just before dark Saturday night. The barn is newly painted and lights were twinkling in the windows.  He and the dogs were waiting in the driveway for me.  Mo Jo jumped all over me, then all over Mike, so happy.  Copper with his arthritis gave a more modest welcome.

We took a few things upstairs where Mike had the table set with wine and salad and candles and I could smell his homemade spaghetti sauce with shrimp and sausage simmering on the stove.



We'd said we weren't giving each other Christmas presents, but Mike broke the rule. He'd built me a beautiful crook-neck light fixture for my back door to go with the metal awning he installed last month.  And he'd driven up to Franklin to buy me a half-round table he'd seen me admiring in November.  That and several cards and a warm outfit (draped with Mardi Gras beads and a gold mask) for my trip to Virginia--the man can't follow even the rules he makes himself!






Yesterday, we drove to Demorest to see Debbie, then shopped in an art gallery and had a belated birthday lunch at The Attic,  a unique restaurant in Clarkesville.  Tomorrow morning, I'll go to Lawrenceville to see Mama 'n Them.



No comments: