Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Top Regrets and Lessons from 2015

One of the main reasons for keeping a blog is to remind myself (and those who choose to read it) of the people and places that illuminate my days and "fill up my heart"--as Elena said to me a couple of weeks ago.

Another is to share blog posts, books and arts that inspire me.  Pam sent me a link to 21 Secrets--a blog by artist, writer and teacher Malina Parker.  Today's post was an excellent claiming of Malina's regrets and lessons of the past year:

http://www.maliniparker.com/news/my-top-five-regrets-of-2015/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+maliniparker+%28Malini+Parker%27s+Blog%29

I've mentioned Brainpickings several times this year and I continue to look forward to reading this blog every Sunday, then tracking down the books discussed:

https://www.brainpickings.org

About a year ago, I introduced Elena to sewing and fabrics.  Like her great-grandmother Nana and her Aunt Day and me, Elena now loves fabrics.  One of my dearest memories of this past year happened at Aunt Day's house.

Elena was fascinated by Quilter Day's cabinet filled with fabrics.  Day let her choose which ones to take home. I'll never forget watching her choosing her fabric pieces and her tiny hands folding them neatly to take home.  "I already have some fabrics," she said, "Because everybody knows I love fabrics."








No comments: