Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Ted and Me

So it's five in the morning and I wake up with Ted Radio Hour podcasts playing away beside me.  I'd downloaded a bunch of them last night to listen to on the road and they just started playing, one after the other, I guess.  No telling what all I learned while sleeping!

I'm going back to bed now, silencing Ted, but I wanted to recommend some terrific podcasts before I do:

Season 2 has just begun on SERIAL.  Season 1 was a season of telling one story over several episodes, a real life murder mystery.

Elizabeth Gilbert has a podcast, MAGIC LESSONS,  that expands on the book by the same title.

ON THE MEDIA, TRUE STORY, NPR Most Emailed Stories, ON BEING, THE MOTH,  RADIO LAB, and UNFICTIONAL are all good ones.  FRESH AIR and the DIANE RHEM SHOW are also good podcasts for catching  up on shows you missed.

Once you start exploring podcasts, you'll find them on every topic--from food to music to politics.




No comments: