Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday night in Tuscaloosa

This has been a beautiful day--the prettiest winter road trip I've ever taken.

Mike and I were just in Vicksburg a month ago--the night he saved my life by turning a clump of steak into a projectile.  Today, I got there early enough to shop a bit for some clothes.  Not a mall shopper, I so enjoyed shopping in downtown shops.

My clerk was a  cool black woman named Fanny who had a wicked sense of humor. We talked and laughed in the dressing room for an hour and I walked out with pants and blouses.

At another store, I bought a clear glass lamp with a green shade, two throw pillows and a shawl--and Regina threw in a free scarf and some fringy-things that I'll either make necklaces out of or use as they are intended--as curtain tie-backs.

Tonight I'm all set up with a chicken pot pie and salad from O'Charley's to watch the Democratic debates in my motel room, hoping Bernie knocks some socks off.



No comments: