Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Rest

Even when everything goes right, even when you enjoy every minute of it, a trip is something you need to rest after.

Convinced my fatigue was due to high blood pressure, having checked it every day since Friday, I went to the doctor today and she said no, it's fine.  After 65, the safety numbers are not what they used to be etcetera etcetera.  Why were my eyes burning?  Allergies, probably, she said.  Why am I tired?  Because you've just taken a trip, she said.

Okay, I get it. I paid her $77 to tell me I'm fine!

So I'm going to take a long long nap and then maybe clean my dirty house--though I've heard there are people who will come in and clean your house in exchange for money.  I'm just too tired at the moment to call these magical people.

Kate just told me I'm always doing doing doing, and she's right.  I'm going to give everything a rest.

I'm not going to watch Rachel today and find out what five new political disasters of the day I need to worry about.  I'm not going to shop for fabric, watch a movie, wrap presents, or mop the floors.  Just sleep.  That I can do with pure pleasure.










No comments: