Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Alphabet of Pleasure, Alphabet of Anything

A really fun way to explore facets of anything is writing a vertical alphabet and listing things that start with that letter.

For example,  I made an alphabet of pleasure and so far I have three to six things beside each letter--with new things added every day.

Setting up the alphabet is like a magnet for noticing--so that some letters wind up having five or six items beside them and Z may only have zebras and zoos.

If you take a trip, to Castroville or London or a local book shop, you could make an alphabetical list of whatever catches your eye or taste buds, people you meet, places you photograph....

I'm devoting one of my journals to an alphabet of photographic skills I want to master and potential places to spend a morning making pictures--from aperture controls to zydeco musicians.

If you're writing fiction, you could make a list of character traits, quirks, tastes, and aspirations of your character,

If you choose to do this and share your list, I'd be most grateful!


No comments: