Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Ticking things off the list before nap time:

A dinosaur T-shirt and art pens for Nathan--whose drawings are wonderful.

A "Together We Shine" T-shirt and a watercolor book for Elena.  Last week we said "Shine shine shine!" exactly in unison, never having said it before!

Getting my $180 at the Apple Store--a refund for recycling my old broken computer

An hour in Michaels looking at art supplies.

This is what Julia Cameron calls "an artist date"--and she recommends doing one every week.  I try to do it six days a week, however.

Anyway, here's the story I came here to share, thanks to Will just now.

At lunch, he was telling the kids to please be quiet for the blessing.  They kept giggling.  So he said it again, and with a look on his face that got Elena's attention.

She got up out of her chair and folded her hands in the prayer position and said "Amen!"

Will said her expression and the gesture were so hilarious that he and Veronica couldn't stifle their laughter.

"Y'all don't encourage me!" she said.  I can just see the twinkle in her eye, even though I wasn't there.

Nathan is more serious, but Elena would do anything for a laugh--and she keeps us all in a jovial mood.

I love being a grandmother!








No comments: