Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2018

British TV and Other Movies

English Lady Mary from Downton Abbey plays a pioneer Colorado woman in Godless--a good Western.  I usually don't choose shoot-em-ups, but Jan and Kate loved it, so I watched it and really liked it.  Four stars, great characters.

Now I'm working on a list Betty gave me--from Acorn TV on Amazon:

No Offence (yeah, spelled with a C) **** a quirky detective show, really good.

Loves, Lies and Records (the one that kept me awake until nearly four this morning!) ****

Acceptable Risk: Same main character as in No Offence. ****

These I haven't watched yet but will start on when I finish Love and Lies:

Striking Out

Rake

Keeping Faith

Ladies of Letters

Delicious

Deep Water

And at the Bijou--recommended by Marga: First Reformed--which I would like to see this weekend if anyone is inclined to see a movie on Sunday

.




No comments: