Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day in Georgia

My mama and my children's mama are both about to turn in for the night after a beautiful day.  Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day!

I got up at 2:00 and my UBER driver picked me up right on time for my early flight.  He was one of those hunky handsome men with a warm personality that makes mamas of all ages wish they were just a tad younger.

Jacob was celebrating his 45th birthday today.  When I told him about my remarkable mother, he told me about his--84 with not a wrinkle on her face.  Her secret?  Vaseline every night for her whole life.
(Carlene's is Ponds Cold Cream.)

He also told me about a woman in his nineties who lives in a senior living place.  She's always smiling and always walking.  One day he asked her what her secret for happiness was and she said, "Keep moving!" then she grinned and said to Jacob, "If only I were twenty years younger!"

On the plane I met a woman about my age from Kerrville who was going on her first cruise--a Mediterranean cruise with a friend. She was so excited!

"Have you ever been on a cruise before?" I asked.

"No," she said.  "I'm a virgin."

She was making flip flop decor on the plane and I asked to take a picture.  She wraps tiny water balloons (100 for a dollar at Dollar Tree) alternately with little strips of ribbon around the top of the shoe and voila!  perfect for walking along the sand on the Mediterranean beaches....



Carlene and I rested, then had dinner at Longhorns and now we're calling it a day.  A very good day.


No comments: