Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Some photos from our trip to Virginia


Carlene is a really great traveling companion because (A) she lets me drive, (B) she doesn't care how many times I stop to take pictures, (C) she never minds posing, (D) she laughs a lot and acts silly, and (E) we love each other! 


I've always loved barns with openings that frame what's  on the other side.
This photograph, however, isn't as interesting as it could be.

Next time I'd get down
on the ground and shoot upwards
(hard as it is to get down and back up!)
and pay more attention to what's in the frame
created by the upper and lower openings. 
Roanoke from above,
looking down on the city from The Star's overlook. 
We did a U-Turn to get this photo
of a train from a bridge.

If I had taken two or three steps to the left,
the photo would have been better,
but I like it as it is--the train leading into the horizon.
Maybe I'll crop the clouds a little.

Carlene on a  deck overlooking Roanoke

The clouds were amazing driving up Highway 81
and I captured these guys with my telephoto lens.

This photograph on a cloudy day looks a bit like a painting
with the fun capture of a red car on the road.









No comments: