Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Lunch at Adelante's

Today, I had the great pleasure of  having lunch at Adelante's with Will, Veronica, Kent and Victoria.  After Will heard Kent's tales of fishing and boat building, he quoted a line from a movie  that he thought of asking but didn't:  "Are we best friends now?"  They fish all the same waters in Colorado yet had never met before.

I so enjoy introducing people I love to each other!

Victoria and Veronica both speak fluent Spanish--Victoria originally from Panama, Veronica from Mexico--so the conversation was lively and fun all the way around.

This lunch plan was born when Victoria gave Elena and me an inspiring and fun bird class recently.

Elena--her parents tell me--is spending all her free time researching birds online and getting ready for her cockatiel.  Victoria, lifelong bird lover, has given us and Santa Clause invaluable advice on birds safety and training--and has given Elena so many bird toys that I can't wait to see the excitement on our little almost-seven-year-old's face on Christmas morning!




No comments: