Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Wednesday Night

Tonight I drove to my class at the SoL Center and snapped these pictures--across from the Landa Library.  Having watched the funeral service of George Bush today, I couldn't help thinking about "a thousand points of light."



The class was cut short by a medical emergency, EMS was called, and we all shared a few moments of fear. In the end, the person affected was able to walk to her car with assistance and someone was driving her home.

From the parking lot, I called Will.  Besides needing some insight on what had just happened, I wanted to commend the two paramedics for their kindness and professionalism.

Driving back to my motel, I  passed the beautifully lighted trees again, sobered by the fragility of life and tearfully thankful for five of thousands of points of light--five uniformed good men from station 8 on Russell Street.  






No comments: