Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

 I always enjoy an excuse to walk around Market Square, so Jocelyn and I were tourists this morning, trying on Fiesta clothes and shopping for take home gifts.

After our nap, we went to get Elena--these two have really hit if off!

On the way back from Helotes, Elena and I gave Jocelyn a tour of Helotes, including a little shop from which Elena always gets to buy presents.  This week, however, she's on time out (for some infraction of rules she prefers not to share): no presents, no screen time.  Madeleine, the owner, however, doesn't know that--and she loves Elena.  She gave her a present anyway--a ring of Fiesta hair flowers that lights up.  It was such a sweet gesture, it made me teary for a minute.

Then we went to Nando's Mexico Linda and Jocelyn bought a few things, and I chose a couple of small pots.  For the first he charged me $5, the second he said, "For you, nada!" which made me teary again.

I just love nice people!

No comments: