Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

It's been a quiet week on my street--except for a few minor tremors, no major quakes.

Yesterday the plan was to take Kate to the doctor, then leave her there, go get my annual x-ray, then pick her up.  We needed to take her larger car because mine's too small for the scooter.

Her doctor kept her waiting for an hour or more, and when I got to my doctor's office (late because of a parking fiasco), turns out the orders hadn't been faxed in as promised, so I left without the x-ray, which necessitates juggling three other doctor's appointments (all in Stone Oak, all associated with CREST,)

Kate and I had both imagined that we'd be in and out and could make a tight schedule work, but where doctors are concerned, you can't plan on in and out.

She got good news--that she can walk without her boot and scooter in two weeks, not four more weeks as originally planned on.  By the time I made it back to Kate (the parking fiasco making me late to my appointment and the no-show of the fax) I was an agitated mess.

As I was driving to her doctor's office, my phone rang seven times in a row, but since my phone wasn't on Blue Tooth and in the back seat somewhere, I couldn't answer it, and my mind was frenzied planning a wholesale change of doctors--rheumatologist, pulmonologist, cardiologist, not downtown and not at Stone Oaks.

Meanwhile, my doctor called to inform me I had a UTI, and I went to pick up antibiotics--and now I wonder if the infection had made me way more jittery than normal.


Since I have three friends coming for a mini-retreat today, one from out of town and spending the night, I went for a massage at the Chinese place to calm myself down and then to Longhorns to get a steak, and both seemed to help.

Overall, it's been a packed and stressful week, and I've decided not to leave for my solo road trip for at least a week.  No rush--that's one of the many advantages of driving over flying.   At some point, after I catch up and check a few things off my to-do list, I'll get in the car and head out for an adventure!


No comments: