Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

Two Dog Stories and a Reminder of the Pooch Parade

Today I was driving down Basse Road following a red truck.  In the back of the truck were two handsome dogs, one white, one brown.

The brown one stayed low in the bed of the truck, the white one stood high on the tool box, on all fours, even as the truck moved down Basse.  He stood on all fours when the truck was moving, then sat down when the truck stopped, then back up when the light turned green--as if he needed to be on all fours for movement and rested when the truck paused in its forward movement.

I wouldn't call this the safest way to transport a dog, but it seemed to me that this pup had probably been riding like this all his life and his balancing skills were impressive!




Story #2 has no pictures because it all happened too fast to snap.

I was talking to a friend about dogs as I sat in my bed with the bedroom window open.  I rarely talk about dogs on the phone, so this was truly a bit of synchronicity:

At the exact moment, I said "dogs," two white dogs with black spots ran across the deck outside my window, first one way, then back the other, prancing across my happy deck like animated illustrations for our conversation!

Because of the leash law in my neighborhood, you rarely see two dogs unleashed, and I never see dogs outside my bedroom window, never!

I figured it must be a sign--of something. I will await further illumination.

***

At the end of my street this morning, down by the pool, the annual Fiesta Pooch Parade begins, Alamo Heights' contribution to Fiesta.  Hundreds of dogs and dog-lovers will be here early, some dogs in wagons, others prancing on their own four feet, dressed in Fiesta colors, and the spectator lap dogs will be plopped on their mistresses' fluffy Fiesta-skirted laps in rows of lawn chairs.


No comments: