Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Yesterday, I spent an hour with Apple tech support to resolve an iCloud problem.

As I wrote that sentence, it occurred me that a person forty years ago (like me) would say, "Whaaa-t? That sentence doesn't make sense."

Who could have imagined needing technical support with an apple?   Or an iCloud with a problem?

But the nice woman on the phone gently and helpfully guided me to a solution.

Then I went to the Genius Bar at the Apple store at La Cantera to get a kink worked out on my iPhone Lifeprint printer--a wonderful birthday present that prints out lovely little photos right from your phone, perfect for incorporating into a travel journal or collage. Now my tiny printer is humming along and ready for travel.

While at La Cantera, I went to pick up my new prescription sunglasses and new lenses for my regular glssses.  It's hard to write this morning because I'm either adjusting to the new lenses or they are off, necessitating a return trip to La Cantera later this afternoon.

I met Joy for yummy spinach enchiladas at El Chaparral in Helotes before picking up Elena, then Elena and I water-colored on her back porch until it was time to go to ballet and watch the recital rehearsal.

We did an experiment I'd learned about on You Tube:

Using concentrated water colors, you set up three cups: one of clear water, one with a half T. of salt, and one with five drops of Chlorox.

Then you put a brush ink each cup (a different brush for each) and make a wash of WATER on watercolor paper.  While the wash is fresh, drop thick wet blobs of paint on each page and watch it bloom and spider differently depending on the chemistry of the water on the paper.  Here it is if you'd like to try it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ewfn5Y8_Xs&list=LLh74O6Lelw9nOYlRAwhyhZw&index=14&t=352s






No comments: