Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Adventure at Schnabels

I try to always buy my hardware at Schnabels--and if you don't know them, you should.  They also fix things too and I needed a fix.

As it turns out, I was trying to multitask and open the hatch back while talking on the phone to Jocelyn--and I whacked the heck out of my head, so I walked back inside for paper towels (it took three handfuls to stop the bleeding).  One of the customers came right over and looked at it and told me to put ice and pressure on it for an hour--turns out he was a nurse!  Then the two clerks and the other customer came and brought me paper towels and and made me sit there for a while before driving.  What nice people they are over at Schnabels!

One of them was a retired coast guard/professional fisherman and I got a little crush on him for a few minutes.

When I came home, I went over to Jan and Kate's just to show them my boo boo and they washed it with hydrogen peroxide and Kate looked at my pupils and then they gave me an ice pack and a cup of soup to bring home.  What wonderful friends and neighbors, right next door!


No comments: