Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Bonfire of Destiny

Today I have the makings of a cold--though it could be just allergies at this point.   I'm spending this beautiful Saturday in bed eating some delicious white beans and ham Freda gave me and watching The Bonfire of Destiny, a French series on Netflix. I'd planned to work on my gel printing, but my nose is all runny and I don't have the energy for it just yet.

And about to do what my parents always considered the best cure for anything--a good soaky hot bath (after a long nap.)

I had bought two oval shaped pans recently and spent the morning making Elena a two-layer birthday cake with sprinkles in the batter and chocolate frosting.  Tomorrow I will put the glittery 8 on top and deliver to her party along with books I've chosen as gifts for our  eight-year old.

Last week, she was watching TV with Will and someone on an ad used a phrase including the word, hell.

"What did he just say??" she asked Will.

He repeated the phrase, also a bit surprised that it was being used in the ad.

"Dad, that was just a rhetorical question!" she said.

I can hardly believe that our little four-pound-and-change premie has turned into a tall 8-year-old girl so fast!  She rides horses with her mom and she makes crafts with Day and me.  She loves to fish and work on projects with her dad and play games with her brother, especially Clue.

Even though I don't see her every day, this "curly-haired hippie" (as her dad recently called her) has brightened every one of my days for the past eight years.




No comments: