Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Cold and Wet in San Antonio

On Monday, I left the car at the VW to leave the car.  I've been so preoccupied with getting my walkers fixed that I've neglected the poor Tiguan.  The price tag for my "seven emergencies" was almost $6K, including over 2,000 for a new radio and speakers--which is not an emergency repair in my opinion.  It did, however, make me consider whether or not it's time for a trade-in.  Seals and covers and bushings--I have no idea what they are, but like Scarlet, I will think about that tomorrow.

Today I have three more MRIs to do on my feet.  That takes priority.  I did get an oil change to scotch me until I can get to the rest of the repairs, am seeing both Freda's and Will's mechanics before I proceed.

Luci should be glad she's a Texas dog.  When it's this cold, she gets into my lap in the car and shivers to beat the band.  I've never seen a dog shiver like that, in spite of her furry coat.  

I've enjoyed staying home, though, in this weather, with nowhere--until today--to go.  Watching New Amsterdam on Peacock has been my company.

In this hospital drama/social commentary, the docs find the source of pain within minutes.  They manage to fix up most patients with a pharmaceutical remedy or surgery.  If a patient has a rare blood type, the hospital administrator will fly to Bermuda to get a match.  If there's a blizzard, the docs find the patients in the snow and operate on the fly.  If someone has an MRI, they are told right there on the spot what is revealed.  

If New Amsterdam were a real hospital, I'd hop on a flight and go there, but it's not.  So here I go--putting on two sweaters and a jacket to go to the radiology clinic, hoping for answers for which there is a cure. 

No comments: