Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Super Bowl Sunday

Jan, Pam, L'Indy, Carolyn and I met at Paloma Blanca for dinner/happy hour.  It was cool enough that we were glad to have heaters at our outdoor table.  

I've been a semi-hermit for a while, not inclined to plan dates with friends weeks into the future.  But when a happy hour happens almost on the spur of the moment, I'm there.  In a red cap. 


None of us are Super Bowl watchers; we prefer conversations and cheesy Mexican food.

Carolyn (red checkered shirt) and I have been friends since 1974.

Pam (red glasses and red earrings) and I have been friends for nearly 20 years.

Jan (green scarf and green sweater) and I, best ever next door neighbors for over 20.

And L'Indy (Linda from Indiana, beautiful white hair) is a San Antonio Newbie who's loving getting to know San Antonio and making new friends. 

                         Feet:

I've had three relatively good feet days in a row, thanks to an excellent physical therapist and doing the exercises at home along with Voltarin and meds.  While the exercises may be the same whatever the cause, it matters to me to have an actual diagnosis,  post-traumatic arthritis.  

I probably had the beginnings of arthritis already, but an accident in September exacerbated it, tires running over my feet. It's taken months of seeking to finally find a term that could lead to a remedy. Before I knew what it was, I was throwing everything at it--chiropractic, massage, podiatry, new shoes, pills, Airossti, you name it.  

It was like pointing a water hose, the water spilling out willy nilly, doing little or no good.  Now, it's more like attaching a nozzle to the hose, making the efforts focused and more likely to hit what I'm aiming at. It's good to know what something is.

                        

           I spent the day cleaning and organizing my house to get ready for a little loveseat I ordered a couple of weeks ago from the Sundance catalog.  It won't be here for a few weeks, but it now has a spot waiting.  I called Jan for a furniture consult this afternoon and she came over and put her stamp of approval on having a loveseat rather than a sofa and made some valuable suggestions.  


Before settling on my little red loveseat, I visited most of the furniture stores in town.  The sofas were way too large for my little house--and most of them had to be ordered months in advance of delivery.  (This red loveseat should be here in March).  

If you're a person like me, your stuff should be small enough to push around because rearranging is so much fun!  That or everything you own should be on wheels. 



No comments: