Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

More from You Tube

My children are wending their way to Molas Lake to camp together.  Day's family is now in Breckenridge and Will's family is in Taos.

The Pritchetts in Taos

The Learys in Breckinridge


I am in San Antonio You Tube School.

Thanks to the nice people at You Tube, I have learned that my iPhone camera does way more than I knew it would do and I've been practicing along with the tutorials.

Here is my first attempt at a panorama--from my bed-perch

Here is another shot--learning that what you touch
on the screen is in focus, the rest is not

Sam picture, but touching the background
instead of the foreground.

I also watched several reviews on YT of a Nikon camera I want to buy--and found it, online, for half the local camera store's price.

I'm thinking of all the capabilities of the gadgets I own that I've not explored.  Using cameras and phones out of the box, we assume we know what they can do, but--in my case--that probably accounts for about a tenth of what they can actually do.

Is that perhaps true of people as well?  I remember reading somewhere that we use only a small percentage of our brains--though I can't remember how much.

Every camera has a book "for Dummies" and I'm considering buying one--though I've always resisted buying books whose titles are so insulting to my ego!




No comments: