Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pagosa Springs

My children and grandchildren are all in one place this week, and I'm following along with pictures that arrive along with texts on my phone:

Tom in Pagosa Springs

And Daisy

And Marcus
I'm imagining what it must be like for the four cousins to be together after a year.  I'm imagining what it must be like for Day and Will to watch their children playing in rivers and streams they loved as kids. They are, as I write this, making indelible memories and claiming Colorado one of their favorite places, as we once did.

Part of the inevitable aftermath of divorce is that grandparents--unlike the happily coupled grandparents in storybooks--have to take turns.  This is the summer of camping with their father (my ex)--and his whatever-you-call-her (girlfriend?) and Girlfriend's children and grands.






No comments: