Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Taking pictures

Two friends of mine are writing a book--and I've been asked to be the photographer, amateur that I am!

It's an exciting project that I'll tell you more about when I get permission to do so--but for now, I'll just say that I'm looking forward to taking some pictures for a book about an intriguing topic.

Tonight, we're going over to Freda's to watch a movie and have dinner.  Bonnie Lyons came over for a fun visit this morning.  Carlene and I had both read her wonderful newest book of poems, SO FAR, and she brought Carlene an autographed copy.

Here's one of my favorites:

LOVE POEM

William Stafford said
write a poem every day
just sit down and write
a bad poem if necessary.

But how can I write
a poem when I don't know
many fish or flowers
stars or snakes

when I can't roll the names
(leafy sea dragon!)
around in my mouth
like complex wines?

I thought the problem was
I couldn't write a poem.
Maybe the problem is
I don't love enough.


No comments: