Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Gruene, WImberley, Blanco, and Back Home

What a beautiful January day!  We headed out to Austin, but stopped in Gruene today, and Mike liked it so much we stayed there most of the day, then drove back Devil's Backbone through Wimberley where we didn't stop, just looked.  Lunch was delicious at Moxey's in Gruene, and we ate dinner at the Bowling Club Cafe, then watched the bowlers bowl and decided to drive on back home and do another road trip tomorrow.

I realized today that I have agendas for covering territory--we have to leave Here by such-and-such a time to get There. Mike. on the other hand, lives in the moment, not caring if we make it to the next place we'd planned or not.  I'm going to try to be more like Mike that way in the future, just letting "the raw side drag," as my Daddy used to say.  It's a lot more fun now that I'm getting the hang of it!








No comments: