Pages

Monday, December 19, 2016

A Day of Feeling Ninety

Maybe it's the cold weather that's the trigger, maybe something I ate--but today was my first really severe fibro day in a long time.  Everything from head to toe hurts, and it's hard to walk or cook or do anything.  Suddenly, I feel ninety--not Carlene's kind of ninety but the other kind. Fingers go stiff and white; opening jars, squeezing lotion, slicing onions, everything is difficult.

Tomorrow is my day for having Will, Bonnie, Elena and Nathan for our Christmas day, so I'm resorting to drugs--legal ones like ibuprofen, aspirin and traumadol--to feel perky, hope hope hope, tomorrow.

My little white Christmas tree is lit and packages are hidden all over the house and I'm going to pick up food at Big Bib's Barbecue instead of cooking--except for making apple dumplings for dessert.




No comments: