Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Post-Christmas

Christmas day included patches of gladness and was capped off with seeing LION (excellent!) with Freda and sharing her Christmas dinner from Central Market.  Otherwise, I was out of sorts most of the day.

I prefer Halloween and Valentine's Day over the ones that have all these expectations attached.  Norman Rockwell and Hallmark pretty much set us all up for disappointment on the ways that certain big red-letter days are celebrated, and with whom.

Freda said, "Maybe those of you who grew up with Christmas have more to deal with because you're trying to replicate past Christmases."

Next year, I'm going to be proactive, maybe travel to some country where Christmas music is not piped into stores for two months and ornaments for sale in October.  I'll be happy to find a traveling companion, a friend who wants to run away, or Carlene, or maybe my new romantic companion, the one I think I'll make up ahead of time so I will recognize him when he appears out of the blue.  But I'm not holding my breath on that one!






No comments: