Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Minimalists

Just watched this documentary on Netflix--I recommend it if you're looking for inspiration to clean out your closets and pantries and storage rooms!

Too many things, too much stuff, they say, can actually diminish our happiness.  What's it all for?  How much do we really need?

I like pretty things and books, but I have everything I need and want.  I'm going to try not to buy one more thing until I actually need it.  Like butter.  I'm out of butter.

What if we stopped buying material gifts for each other and instead gave each other experiences?  Most of my friends and I long ago decided to stop buying presents, and it's simplified our lives.  We prefer a cup of soup, cornbread, a shared movie.

The Minimalists suggest sharing--not going out and buying a tool or any other item if you're just going to use it once.  Just as I was writing that, Angela called to see if she could borrow my blower to clean up her yard for her little boy!

If you want inspiration on decluttering, check out this website:

http://www.theminimalists.com


No comments: