Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

Poppies in Castroville

Just leaving to meet Jan for yoga, then to Helotes to pick up my playmate for the entire weekend.

Will called to say she was "emotional" and clingy this morning, so I told him she was just trying to make them feel good saying she didn't want to spend the night:)  This is her first two-nighter, so she had to protest--it's what six-year-olds do, right?

Anyway, FYI: I called Castroville and found out the poppies are in full bloom all over town and I'm taking Elena for a look-see after school.

If you've never seen them, the full-bloom isn't going to last long and it's really something to see! I'm hoping she gets a nap on the way there and loves seeing them as much as I do.

There's also a walking tour, I think--but I forgot to ask about that.  So if you're interested, call Castroville Visitor's Center and they will tell  you all about it.

No comments: