Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Being known is probably one of our deepest pleasures in life.  Not for what others have told about us, not for who we used to be in high school--but who we are right now, right down to our most raggedy and quirkiest selves.

Few people know us like the little kids who live with us, or who often come for sleepovers.

This morning, I got a text from Will from their backpacking trip with this picture and Elena's words: "Yenna would totally want to take a picture right here!"

e


I've so often photographed Elena in and around trees, my outdoors-y little granddaughter!  A couple of years ago, in a giant old tree on the grounds of the McNay, she said, "Big trees like this are like grandmothers."

I haven't seen Elena yet since her 7th birthday so I'm totally loving seeing her in pictures her daddy sends.

Here she is in an outfit I sent her for her birthday.  (We love rainbow stripes and colors, Elena and I)




No comments: