Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019



The last three months have taken me down quite a few roads, and every road has had its revelations and adventures, though I have met no tin men or cowardly lions.

First, there was the six week trip starting September 27--to Georgia, to New England with Betty for my 70th birthday, back to Georgia for a few days, then back here with Carlene.   Then I moved to the BW for three weeks while the floors were being repaired.  And then I went to be with Carlene and Bob and Jocelyn while Carlene was recovering from her accident--which, I'm happy to report she's doing with all five stars!  Her blood pressure is back to normal, and she's able to wash dishes and do a few things herself even with her walker.

And now I'm back home--in a house where the heater didn't work until just now.  Turns out it's probably just a new thermostat which Ovi is installing right this minute.  It could have been started, he says, by the extreme dust in the house while the floors were being installed--as the filter was filled with sawdust.

New roof, new floors, new things to be happy about--and I'm slowly slowly settling back in and getting rest and waiting to see what the next adventure will be.

February's adventures involve celebrating Elena's 7th birthday belatedly, writing group, seeing friends, making things, and reading.


No comments: