Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Charity's Pottery

It's a rainy night in Georgia--as the old Brooke Benton song has it--and it's been a good day all around.  I made icebox cookies this morning (so reminiscent of my childhood years!)  and poppy seed chicken for dinner and three of Carlene's friends popped in for short visits.

My trip to visit Charity's studio between here and Atlanta was amazing!

Check out her colorful pottery at Charity Elise at Etsy. I could have filled my suitcase with her beautiful  containers, vases, spoons and hearts, but I settled this time on five spoons, hoping to add to the collection each trip to Georgia.  She has a show and sake in her home the first weekend of every December--as well as selling online.


When I got back to Carlene's, I discovered that Charity had packed in a tiny little magnetic vase as an added surprise.

Not only was the profusion of color and beautiful forms delicious, but Charity--a full time artist and mother of two teenagers--is truly a kindred spirit.  We started talking and could have talked for hours.  It's like that with sone people--you share tidbits of your lives and suddenly feel that you've struck a great big match of friendship.

Butter dish





Driving away, I thought of something I once heard another traveler say: "The world is full of best friends I just haven't met yet."

No comments: