Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Mark Deakin

Well, I have been awake for two hours and it's not even time to get up yet, so I think I'll go back to bed and get a few dreams in before it's time to pick up Elena for our birthday sleepover and crafts camp.

What I've been up doing is watching the most delightful videos by a British man with glasses--Mark Deakin if you want to know his name--teaching me techniques of art journaling.  He demonstrates how to use household objects and "things that come through your letter box" to make beautiful pages.

He also flips through his own journals and we get to see inspiring ways to create pages with materials we've never heard of.

Yesterday I went to a writing group reunion of my long-standing but now no-longer-meeting Thursday night writing group.  We had a potluck lunch at Mercedes' house and it was good to see everybody and catch up.  Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a funk from too much sugar, not enough exercise, and whatever, to participate all that much in the conversation, but I guess everybody has days like that.

I got a call at the party that this is the night Elena has chosen for her sleepover, so I decided to explore videos that she might like to inspire us for our Yenna and Elena Crafts Camp.  And it was in this perusal that I discovered these tutorials from Mark Deakin who shows us how to use bubble wrap and bottle caps and combs and other stuff to create texture with paints.

But I have to go back to bed now, turn my phone off, and get some sleep so I won't fall asleep driving to Helotes later to pick up my girl!

No comments: