Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday Morning

Just as I was snuggling in for an early bedtime, the house got cold again!  When Ovi came over to diagnose the problem a second time, he figured out how to fix it--but wasn't allowed by his company to go on the roof.

Turns out, I'd recently had a new roof put on the casita and vent-work repaired on the house.  The vent hood is either too loose or too tight and the roofer is coming this morning to fix that.  Just as Ovi was leaving, Kate called and said, "Come, spend the night here"--and I did.

I slept all night just like a little gypsy baby in her beautiful guest room.  She's recently done a lot of work on her house and it looks like a House Beautiful spread!  The walls are a glow-y pink color and she's been editing her possessions and having her fireplace fixed--so we visited in her living room by the fire until I could no longer hold my eyes open.

Hospitality is a wonderful thing.  Friendship is a wonderful

Though it wasn't as cold a night as I thought it would be, it was good to sleep under blankets in a warmer house than mine and visit with Kate.  Now I'm home waiting for the roofers, hoping this is the last house adventure I'll have for a while.


No comments: