Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

I'm a cowgirl now!

"I can't wear boots," I always said when Mike has offered to buy me real Western boots.  "My calves are too fat."

Which they are--for tall boots.

But he insisted.  We found a Western Wear shop across from the Mercado and went back again today--where we found exactly the right boots and the owner of the shop stretched the calves just a tad to fit.  I felt so cool walking through market square wearing real cowgirl boots, Mike in his new hat.




If we ever do break up again, I'm going to need a moving van to send back all his presents!  I think breaking up is too much trouble.  Besides, I want to keep the man in the hat and the boots.

Everyone has been complaining about the sound on my phone.  We went to Apple and they opened up the phone and cleaned it up and fixed the crack on the screen, and it's good as new.  FYI: when you store your phone in your pocket book, it picks up lint and dirt and stuff and it goes into the speaker hole.

Just talked to ten-year-old Marcus who loved the earphones I sent for his birthday.  "Plus I got a LOT of money!" he said.  "A lot, a lot, a lot."

"Like how much?" I asked.

$155!" he said.

Now I'm a cowgirl with a working phone, and I have a very wealthy ten-year-old grandson.  It's been a great day!

No comments: