Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Returning to the mat

I promised myself I'd go back to yoga today (after over two months) and I did--though I tried all kinds of diversions first, including a trip to Boerne this morning to pick up one more thing for my new playhouse.  While there, I discovered a beautiful shop called 259 that has great clothes, though I didn't buy any today.

It was good to be back and stretch my hamstrings and twist a little on the mat.  I'd just watched FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD part 2 on Netflix last night which inspired me to return to fresh juices, so I popped into Urth Juice Bar and got a delicious concoction of kale and parsley and other green things for lunch.

After watching the Joe Cross film, I saw Jamie Oliver (Ted Talks) discuss the importance of good fresh plant-based foods for children and adults.  I'm ready to turn over a new leaf or two, and today is the first day of returning to gluten-free foods and more greens.

Yoga isn't rock and roll or weight lifting, but it was a good way to remember what it can feel like to be less of a fat cat if I keep it up.

I've enjoyed my sojourn into no rules--eating donuts, bread, and other fat and sugary things.  But I think I've about enjoyed as much of that as my joints and clothes can allow.   As soon as I lose the first ten pounds of the twenty I need to lose, I'm going back to 259 and buy something slinky and glamorous to wear.


No comments: