Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Micro-bliss

When I went to yoga on Tuesday night, I felt like a fat Garfield in the midst of sleek cats.  I left after an hour, too discouraged to stay for Savasana.  Apparently, after a too-long absence, I'd chosen the wrong class--as most of the students were standing on their hands.

Today I returned--but this time to gentle yoga--a class of women my age.  I could do all the easy poses.

After yoga, Janet P and I had lunch at YaYa's next door--good healthy Thai food.

Janet introduced me to a new word--micro-agression: those little tiny gestures and words that seem to convey anger or ill-will. The recipient of these stings may not be sure if they are intentional or not.

Janet suggested finding micro-bliss moments--little moments of bliss to spice up our days.  Even a relatively bad day can be leavened with small sips and bites of delicious.

I think my daily runs to get a fountain Diet Coke (with two bites of chocolate) count for micro-bliss moments.  Waking up from a nap is micro-bliss.

And so, having indulged in the first two already, I'm ready to nap!

No comments: