Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Kitchens, Underwear, Gospel Music, and Jesus

A good friend of mine--who loves old gospel music--is having a kitchen remodel filled with glitches: the measurements are wrong, the installation done badly, and she's having all the starts and stops that go with changes that rely on outside expertise, which often isn't expert at all.

In an email this morning, she told me about her frustration, one thing leading bumpily to the other.  To cheer herself up, she decided to shop for underwear, and the store didn't have her size.

"Then I tried Target but while I was driving there, a gospel tune came on sung by Isaac Freeman...a gorgeous baritone voice.  So I sat in the Target parking lot for about 20 minutes listening to KSYM on the radio getting very teary about Jesus and everything else.  I just ordered 'Beautiful Stars' from Amazon.  I'll let you know when it arrives!"

What makes this such a great story is that my friend, teary about Jesus, (who prefers to remain nameless) is Jewish!

No comments: