Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Food

I have just completed an experiment--eating whatever tastes good, along with my partner in crime.   A biscuit here, a cinnamon bun there, a bite of donut just to be sociable, doncha know--and I ache all over and am very tired all the time.

I have a new friend who has an autoimmune disease: "After 13 doctors, many tests and a biopsy it turns out I have dermatomyositis." She reminded me of  the importance of eating like the Greek do--fish, vegetables and olive oil.  When she eats sugar, flour, or red meat, she can feel it in every joint.

So here goes: kumbucha from Kate and elsewhere, vegetable juice from the Urth Bar, and steering clear of sugar and other good tastes that apparently are toxic to my body.

When Mike goes back to Georgia, I'm going back to yoga and the gym.  I don't care if I lose weight or not, but I am determined to do all that I can do to feel easy in the joints.  I'm writing this to remind myself of the importance of eating unprocessed food and drinking more water.  Today my experiment with sweet rolls and bread is over, the results are in, and it's not good.


No comments: