Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Happy Deck

Not every day is a happy day.  In fact, I have had a stream of rather funky days lately.  One of my antidotes has been watching the very enjoyable Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon--recommended to me by several friends.

The other is gazing outside my bedroom/movie-room window.  Mike has dubbed the new deck and wall the Happy Deck--appropriately named. It brings me so much pleasure to watch the countless birds flying and scampering outside the window eating sunflower seeds and serenading me with chirps and birdsong.

So far, I'm calling them rather generic names--as I'm not sure yet what they are all called.  There are little brown speckled-winged birds, cardinals of the boy and girl variety, at least one blue jay, and a whole bunch of doves.   Tomorrow I will make hummingbird nectar and hope to attract some tiny guests to the Happy Deck.


No comments: