Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 9th

Today was the day to complete the photography portion of the book of interviews of wise women over 80 in San Antonio--a book by Bonnie Lyons and Deb Field.

Our final photo subject was the San Antonio artist, Marilyn Lanfear.  I'd met her many years ago when Freda and I went to see her work--elaborate portraits made of buttons.  Because she is in the process of moving, her house was filled with boxes, but I was able to get a few shots of her artwork not yet packed.  She has lived in the house she's leaving for 16 years--a quaint old house in River Road.



The house Marilyn is moving into is a house I lived in for almost a year, 16 or 17 years ago.  When I first saw the Anastasia house, I thought it was the hands-down most adorable house I'd ever seen.  But when the house I'm now living in became available, I was ready to let go of Adorable for More Space, and I happily moved back into the Ogden House.  (I had lived here for a year before moving to the white and turquoise Anastasia house.)


The Anastasia House


Today is also the birthday of my third grandson, Nathan--HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATHAN!  I wasn't there when Nathan was born, but when Will and Veronica met each other again as adults (having been high school sweethearts), Veronica  had this brown-eyed little boy with the contagious laugh and we all fell in love with him.

Nathan is Nine!




The Ogden House: Home





No comments: